Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 13 - Still Going Strong

This has been an interesting experiment. It's actually amazing to me that I don't have more cravings than I do. That just goes to show how addictive sugar is.
Being in Utah was tough. It wasn't easy to pass up all the treats at the family barbecue. But Corey's family was actually very supportive and made sure that there was a lot of fruit there for me. It was funny because when we were driving up, Corey's mom called and asked what kind of ice cream I like. It was difficult trying to explain the situation. Everyone knows how much I love ice cream.

Also, yesterday I took Elise down to San Diego to meet up with Corey and she screamed the entire way down, but that is another story. When I was checking in at the hotel, the woman noticed that I seemed a but frazzled and she offered me a warm c.chip cookie. I tried to refuse but she insisted and gave it to me with a smile and a wink. It smelled sooooo good. But I saved it for Corey. Hehe. But seriously, since when do treats just get thrown at me? Hello! I'm on a mission here.

An update on the dress situation. There was another bridesmaid that had to back out of the wedding and had a larger dress so I offered to buy her dress at half price. But now that leaves me price and a half in the hole. Also the dress has spaghetti straps and the tailor said there wasn't anything he could do about adding sleeves. So we left and on the way home we noticed an Alfred Angelo store. I just about died. Alfred Angelo is the brand of dress that we are wearing. But I didn't buy the dress from them directly, so there wasn't anything they could do about the dress itself, but they sell little short sleeve jackets to wear with their dresses and they had one in the color I needed, so I bought that and now I'm all set. What a crazy situation. I'm just trying to do the right thing here and I keep getting curve balls. Also, it's costing me a fortune. I told the bride that I'm just subtracting the amount from her wedding gift. I think she is going to get
-$400 from us at this point :)

2 comments:

GINGER said...

I am seriously impressed!!! I have to start over.....again!!!! I am totally motivated now. While trying on clothes today I caught a glimpse of my back side in the three way mirror!!! Let's just say I had body issues the rest of the day. Dang this baby weight!!! I need someone to hold me accountable!

Ginger

Emily said...

Good for you! I couldn't go a week withouth dessert let alone a month. More pictures of the baby please. :)