Friday, May 1, 2009

Oops!

So I'm in a wedding in June. I'm super excited because I've never been a bridesmaid before. Ordering my dress was a little more difficult that usual because I was 8 months pregnant. So I wasn't able to get measured. Not only that, but I was ordering long distance over the phone. But I digress. So I ordered the dress 2 sizes larger than my pre-pregnancy size. Which is about what I am so I guessed correctly. HOWEVER! The catch is that these dress sizes run 2 sizes too small. Ugh! So the dress came and I tried it on and it's a no-go, folks!!!

Just as an example. This picture shows how the skirt to the dress is smaller than a skirt that I fit into before I became pregnant. I don't know how I'm going to pull this one off but believe me it will be a feat. I can't even zip the top. And I'm not ashamed to say it. It's just how it is.





Now, about pre-pregnancy weight. I'm looking forward to getting back to that. And before people get all crazy and start making excuses for me, let me say this. I have lost 30 of the 50lbs that I gained and I feel very good about that. But the truth is, I took a vacation during pregnancy, to a place called "I-can-eat-whatever-I-want, USA". You may have heard of it.. it's in a state called "No-exercise". So this isn't a matter me starving myself in order to fit in my skinny jeans next month. No. I'm well aware of the fact that my body has just gone through something tremendous and physically altering. My goal is to lose the extra 20 lbs that I have hanging around. But not by using trickery. By simply eating healthy and exercising.

Here's the thing. I'm posting this because I need to make myself accountable. Even if no one reads this blog, it's still out there. And every time I log on I will know that I have set this goal for myself. A goal isn't a goal until it's written down, right? So there it is.

To start this process I've set two rules for myself. No desert, and no red meat. Now this may sound strict, but this is just for the next 30 days. I'm trying to do everything I can to look decent at this wedding and save the amount of fabric paneling we will have to add to the dress. Of course at the wedding I will allow myself cake. But the truth is during my pregnancy, I had chocolate breaks frequently throughout the day. And I also ate tons of cookies and ice cream. I mean a lot! This is day 3 and things are looking good.

So here I go! Anyone interested in joining me in this venture? What food item can you do without for the next 30 days? This could get interesting.

4 comments:

GINGER said...

Ok, I'll join in on no desserts and no pasta. Great job on the 30 lbs!! I have some to loose as well, Finn is 4 and 1/2 weeks old and I'd like to be back into my pre-prego clothes in another 4-6 weeks. Well, my pre-prego pants, the tops may not work for a while since, well you know how it is when you're nursing. Nothing we can do about that. This will be fun!!

Ginger

Christina said...

No french fries for me and smaller portions. Last night, to my husband's surprise, I served dinner on salad plates.

You are doing great - keep up the good work!

Natalie said...

Sweet! Thanks for the support. Good luck.

Lulu said...

I feel ya! I gained a whopping 60 lbs w/ Nina. I was in that same city and state that you described. I lost 30 lbs w/in 2 weeks, then a few more w/in a few months. I never could lose those last 20 lbs. Although, I never really tried. lol
I'm down to try this w/ you. I'll lay off the deserts/junk fod and um...I'll half my carb intake. I just can't give up red meat! it's tooooo hard! lol.
Great job!